Founded in 1950 by Luigi Pini, the firm has been directed by his son Olimpio and his associate Daniele Stocker - the current owners - since 1995 and transformed into today's modern company.
In the early 2000s, the company grew significantly, particularly through major construction sites such as the Ceneri Base Tunnel. This process was consolidated with the foundation of the Zurich headquarters in 2013 and acquisitions in western and eastern Switzerland. As of 2015, the newly established offices abroad will be added, which will go hand in hand with the acquisition of important new mandates. When Carsten Bopp was appointed head of the management board in 2018, the group can look back on a company history of almost 70 years.